Upcoming Reviews

Photobucket

Photobucket

View of the Week

View of the Week

Leontine's Booktip

Leontine's Booktip
Anya Bast - Jeweled (erotic romance novel)

Marissa's Booktip

Marissa's Booktip
Darkest Highlander - Dark Sword 6

Natascha's Booktip

Natascha's Booktip
Denise Rossetti - The Lone Warrior

Pearl's Booktip

Pearl's Booktip
Futuristic/Paranormal Romance: Gena Showalter - Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, book 5)
Powered By Blogger
Friday, April 30, 2010

Introduction: Natascha

Hello to all my fellow book-addicts, authors, reviewers and everyone in between ;-)

I’m a (nearly) 32 year old gal who’s lived live to the fullest so far! Up until I was 24 I lived in the Province South Holland in the Netherlands, but back then I thought it would be a thrill to seek my own path in a whole different country so I decided to go to Ireland on my own –gulp- where I lived in Sligo, co Sligeach in the Republic of Ireland which was a superb and amazing experience for me. However I started to miss my family and friends and decided to move back to the Netherlands where I, as from 2004, live in the Province Groningen – all the way up north, where the grass is greener, the air more pure and the season-change more noticeable.

I always loved writing, dancing, music, movies, my creative hobbies and true - reading was a hobby of mine in my adolescent years, but as I had so many other hobbies as well, it was a bit dormant.
However, in my twenties I got re-connected with my inner passion and started reading again. My move to Ireland opened up a whole new scene of books – books – books and well more books ;-). I always had a fondness for reading in the English language but once I started reading my Romance Novels in English I was hooked and tried to get the people I love, to read them as well – my biggest achievement in that was my sister Leontine, she is personally responsible for getting me hooked on the Paranormal Romance Genre big time!

To me a good book is partly the cover.... together with a great synopsis it’s a "love at first sight". I have to be swept of my feet by the story, characters and be baffled with emotions. I'm probably still considered a rooky compared to many other book-addicts, I have so many good books yet to start on, so I know there's a lot ahead for me to get to know, but I am slowly getting there!!!!

I basically love all the genres in the Romance Novel-Scene. But Historical, Paranormal, Contemporary and Fantasy are what I mostly read at the moment.


So authors such as Sherrilyn Kenyon, JR Ward, Karen Marie Moning, Paula Quinn, CL Wilson, Marilee Brothers and Nora Roberts are amongst my favourite authors (but that’s just to name a few – there are so much more cherished on my shelves but I can’t name them all – the list is too long but distinguished ;-) )

My passion for reading novels in the English language took such a big part in my life that me and my sister decided to take it up a notch and so we started up and maintained an information and review-website ‘Realms on our Bookshelves’ taking us further into the world where Scottish Highlanders, Vampires, Werewolves, Dukes & Duchess, Lords & Ladies, Fae, Pirates and last but not least Vikings (and everything in between) reign our hearts and trigger our imagination! However, as the digital world is continually changing, we felt the time for a change as well. Websites were no longer the hype to go along on, but blogging came to be infamous, so after a few months of consideration we made decided to make the change-over.

Through our passion for reading we came to know two great girls online and in real life, and together we form the ROOB-posse who make this blog as it is today.

People used to know me as Ashleagh from Realms on our Bookshelves, but I decided to no longer go by a nickname and stay tuned with my own name, so as from now I’ll be Natascha. For the changeover I will be roaming the digi-world as Natascha a.k.a. Ashleagh but in a few months the a.k.a. will be no more :’(.

Is this all there is to me? Books, books, books and well uhm books???? No ofcourse not, what were you thinking! I have many sides, good points, bad points and everything in between like everybody else. Not to forget the three darling little raskals living with me in my townhouse, in the suburbs of Winschoten the Netherlands. When I first moved in here I had set eyes on two of the most sweetest cats alive. I named them Acheron Parthenopaeus and Simi Charonté (you should have seen the look in the vets assistant when I spelled the names out as calmly as I did mwoahahahaha). In short I named them Ash and Simi (get the drift *waggling eye-brows*). And recently our little threesome became a foursome when I came across this darling little pup. It's a cross between a Shih-Tzu, Malteser and a Yorkshire Terrier. I can almost hear you think 'What on earth brings forth a dog like that?' Not in a million years could I expect the devilish side he has to him. That's why his name became Bodhi Diablo, so his two sides are emphasized and forever remembered in his name! Ok enough babbling about my babies, it's time to meet the wholesome threesome:


If you want to know more about me, or get in touch with me else wise, you can find me back at:


See you all in Blogging-central!

Hugs & Happy Reading!!!

The extended posse

Meet the Posse

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Calendar October:

We celebrate our fourth anniversary YAY

Rating

Photobucket
1 star: Too many flaws and not worthy of your time.

Photobucket
2 stars: An average story with no surprises.

Photobucket
3 stars: An interesting and entertaining story.

Photobucket
4 stars: A riveting and gripping reading experience.

Photobucket
5 stars: A story that is the ultimate reader's high and very addictive.

Calling Card

Realms On Our Bookshelves

Visitors